Consultant Stroke Physician
Salford Royal University Hospital
Manchester Centre For Clinical Neurosciences
Clinical Lead For Comprehensive Stroke Centre
FRCP (Royal College Of Physicians & Surgeons Of Glasgow)
MRCP Geriatric Medicine (Royal College Of Physicians, UK)
MRCP (Royal College Of Physicians, UK)
MBBS (Calcutta University, India)
Specialist Qualifications & Registrations
Geriatric Medicine (CCT UK, General Medical Council)
Stroke Medicine (CCT UK, General Medical Council)
General Internal Medicine (CCT UK, General Medical Council)
- Problem Lists in Older Inpatients: An old idea whose time has come – Poster presentation at 2nd World Congress of Clinical Safety; 12-13th September 2013; Heidelberg, Germany
- Perioperative Imaging in Parathyroid Disease: Poster presentation in Annual General Meeting of The Endocrine Society; 2007; Toronto, Canada.
A retrospective project looking at available parathyroid imaging modalities and comparing their relative sensitivity and specificity for adenoma localisation, surgical localisation being taken as gold standard.
- Experience of Decompressive Hemicraniectomy in a Comprehensive Stroke Centre:Poster presentation at ESOC (European Stroke Organization conference); April 2015; Glasgow, Scotland.
- Cognition and Nutrition in Geriatric Rehabilitation: Oral presentation at Larissa Congress of Internal Medicine; 17 – 19th March 2016; Larissa, Greece.
- Chair for Oral Presentation Session on Vascular Medicine: Larissa Congress on Internal Medicine; 17 – 19th March; Larissa, Greece.
- Giant Cell Arteritis – A reversible cause of dementia: E-poster presentation at Larissa Congress of Internal Medicine; 17 – 19th March 2016; Larissa, Greece.
- Experience of AF detection in a Comprehensive Stroke Centre: Poster presentation at ESOC (European Stroke Organization Conference); May 2016; Barcelona, Spain.
- Hyper acute stroke care in the 1st 6 hours: Lecture session at ISVIR (Indian Society of Vascular Interventional Radiologists); 2017; Kolkata, India.
- A novel wearable device for motor recovery of hand function in chronic stroke survivors: Poster presentation at Neuroscience 2018 (Society for Neuroscience); 6th November 2018; Sandiego, USA.
- Perioperative imaging in Parathyroid Disease: Poster presentation in Scottish Nuclear Medicine Conference; 2007; Stirling, Scotland.
- Giant Cell Arteritis – A reversible cause of dementia: North West BGS and Brocklehurst Prize presentation, 2012.
Case report of an unusual presentation of Giant Cell Arteritis as isolated vascular dementia with no headache or other common features associated with the condition.
- Effect of nutrition and cognition in rehabilitation outcomes: Penine CARE 2013.
Small project run at a local DGH looking at effects of nutrition and cognitive status on outcomes of rehabilitation. Poor nutritional status was associated with poorer outcomes. Interestingly cognitive decline was not a predictor of poor rehabilitation outcomes if the patient has been screened by a geriatrician and deemed suitable for rehabilitation. Delirium was however associated with increased mortality and poorer outcomes.
- Investigation after VTE in hospital: Penine CARE, 2013.
NICE have provided guidance on how to investigate an unprovoked VTE episode. Audit looking at practice in Fairfield General Hospital against this guidance.